Courteous of : ATX Today
There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- The Great Outdoors, 2730 S. Congress Ave., Austin
- Natural Gardener, 8648 Old Bee Caves Rd., Austin
- East Austin Succulents, 801 Tillery St., Austin
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- DrinkWell | Mon.-Sat., Open-5:30 p.m. | Expect $8 classic cocktails, half-off wines, $4 beers and $2 off of bar snacks and shareables at this North Loop gastropub.
- The Tavern Austin | Mon.-Fri., 4-7 p.m. | Draft beers are $4, cocktails are $7, and house margaritas are $5 during this all-weekday happy hour.
- Uncle Nicky’s | Daily, 2-5 p.m. | Keep it casual. Sip on $2 and $3 beers while munching on a range of discounted snacks.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.