Austin-area Randalls pharmacies are now offering at-home COVID-19 testing kits, which they say typically deliver results in 72 hours or less after the lab has received samples.
Through a partnership with Phosphorus Diagnostics, Randalls says the tests will be administered by the patients themselves via saliva samples.
Here’s how it will work:
- Customers can visit scheduletest.com to complete a short medical questionnaire and request a test.
- A Randalls pharmacist will authenticate the information, review and order the test.
- Customers will be contacted for payment and receive a notification when the test kit is ready for pickup or is shipped to their home.
- Customers should complete the collection of their saliva sample at home and then send it to the lab using the kit’s prepaid next-day shipping envelope.
- Results will be given via email or text.