Every year we get the opportunity. Today is the day. Get out and vote! We are the voice and we are the people. So get out and vote today
What Do I Need to Bring With Me to Vote?
Texas registered voters have additional options when presenting ID at the polls for the November 8, 2016 election.
As provided by court order issued on August 10, 2016, if a voter is not able to obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID, the voter may vote by (1) signing a declaration at the polls explaining why the voter is unable to obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID, AND (2) providing one of various forms of supporting documentation.
Seven approved Forms of Photo ID
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate (EIC) issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas License to Carry a Handgun (LTC) issued by DPS
- U.S. Military ID Card containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- U.S. Passport
Supporting documentation can be:
- Valid Voter Registration Certificate
- Certified Birth Certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)