Like women, men don't always say exactly what they're feeling precisely when they feel it. But guys don't have to say much to show you what they're thinking.
Here are some of the signs to look for to see if he is into you.
2. His eyebrows are raised. People tend to use this subconscious expression to help open their eyes when they like what they see. If he raises his brows ever so slightly while you're talking, it means he's interested in whatever you're saying.
3. He shows you his front teeth. "Guys stop smiling like this around the age of 5 — unless they're really happy," Wood says. He might not show off a toothy grin while casually flirting, but on a really awesome date when he's having loads of fun? Look for teeth: "When he feels really happy, he's not covering that up," Wood says.
8. He leans toward you when you talk. In a noisy bar, this sign might not hold much weight. But when he can physically hear you perfectly well and leans in anyway, it means he's interested in what you have to say — and you, in general.
10. He touches your knee ("Soft pants!") or tucks your hair behind your ear.When he initiates physical contact under the guise of another reason, it's a test to see how you respond to his touch, Wood says. Because touch is a tool he uses to test your limits, it could mean he's only interested in sex, Wood says. If he really likes you, though, he might pull back extra-slowly and smile sweetly as he does it, which means he wants to take the time to get closer to you.
12. He angles his pelvis toward you. Because the pelvis is overtly sexual, Wood says, it often signals sexual interest — or lack thereof. If he angles his hips away from you, it's probably the latter.
13. He points his toes toward you. Because the feet are involved in the fight-or-flight response that kicks in when you're in danger, they're largely controlled by the unconscious mind — and can be very telling in social interactions. "The feet tend to point where the heart wants to go," Wood says. Of course, timing is super important in interpreting the feet: If you're talking to a guy who seems interested, you touch his arm, and then see his feet angle away from you, the context says he's no longer interested.
15. He sort of shuffles toward you while you're talking. He obviously wants to get closer to you.
18. When he holds your hand, he presses his palm against yours. This kind of full-fledged hand-holding signifies a desire to connect. The same goes for interlocking fingers, while an arched palm means he's scared or may be holding something back (literally).
19. He grazes your forearm while he's talking. The message is loud and clear: He wants your attention, be it to impress you or to make sure you're listening — because he wants to be heard.
20. He walks beside you. If he's constantly two steps ahead of you, it means he's more concerned about himself than you, Wood says. Unless he's leading you through a scary or crowded space, he should adjust his pace to match yours.
For the full list of all the possibilities check it out here