VitaminWater this week announced a new contest where a lucky contestant (or unlucky depending on your perspective) can win 100 grand for returning to a mid-2000s era feature phone.
The guidelines to win the $100,000 are as follows:
- you may not use any smartphone for 365 days. if txting is a pleasant experience or you can get on the internet, it’s probably a smartphone.
- this means you may not physically operate, caress, hug or otherwise be physically affectionate with anyone’s smartphone
- if you’re lying in bed and miss your phone, do not attempt to sneak a midnight scroll… just close your eyes and dream about vitaminwater…
The submission deadline is on January 8, 2019, so make sure to get your social media post up over the next few weeks. Notably, you can submit up to four entries.
The winning entries will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality of Submission (30%);– presents idea in a fun and unique way
- Cultural or Brand Relevance of Submission (30%);– fits the brand tonality and persona
- Humor of Submission (30%);– relates to breaking the monotony for original and outside the lines reasons
- Quality of Submission (10%)– inclusion of proper grammar and spelling– inclusion of high-quality photos and/or videos (if photos/videos are included)
Now of course, the obvious question here is how VitaminWater will make sure the chosen contestants keep up their end of the bargain. While details are scarce, the company does note that the verification process will include a lie detector test at some point.